The primary purpose of the blog is outreach: to show what we do as archivists, to present captivating stories, and to celebrate those who help to preserve history in any medium. A secondary purpose is advocacy: to present issues that matter to local communities, to speak up when archives are in jeopardy, and to present issues of advocacy for wide dissemination and clear understanding.
- The MARAC Blog is managed by the MARAC Outreach Committee
- Contributed content does not necessarily represent the views of MARAC or its members.
- Submissions should be emailed to MARAC Outreach
- Authors should supply their affiliation(s) and contact information
- Posts should be of modest length. 500 to 600 words maximum and a limit of 3 photographs for illustration
- MARAC reserves the right to decline submissions or comments that are inappropriate, offensive, or inconsistent with the purpose of the blog
- Personal testimonies about challenging reference questions
- Celebrating “archives heroes,” i.e., individuals who have made a difference in promoting archives and preserving collections
- Short informational articles about collections and archival issues
- Archives month events – plans, stories, and activities
- Archives users – stories about those who have been helped by archivists
- National History Day participants and events
- Advocacy issues and news
- Historical information brought to light via archives
- Any topic that is unique, unusual, or interesting to archivists and those in related fields in libraries, museums, academia, government, or historical societies